Tuesday 18 June 2013

Leek and Prawns filobites served with Mustard dipping sauce.



   Some years ago I lived in Santander, a nice and small city in the North coast of Spain. I remember a small hotel in a beautiful village called Santillana del Mar. I used to go to this hotel (La colegiata) quite frequently because we really liked the restaurant. This recipe is based in a starter I first tried there, although I am not sure if it is still on their menu, since this was years ago. I know this filled filo pastry bites are not that difficult to find, but I first tried them there and in my mind they are linked to this restaurant. 



     This is our own version, and since I didn't eat them in such a long time, I am not sure how close they are to the original version. I think it is not strange to find them filled with prawn and asparagus. We have used prawns, leek and pine nuts. They can be served without any sauce and they are fantastic, but we cooked a mustard, honey and dill dipping sauce which we think it is a fantastic companion for them. 

     Here is the video... we hope you like it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment