Wednesday 12 March 2014

Spinach crisps, a healthy snack


This post is an idea instead of a recipe, because it is as simple as it gets. We bring you a suggestion for a very healthy snack, what I believe is a fantastic substitution for potato chips. It is spinach based and it tastes yummy. My son, who is just over one year old, loves them. It is a great way to make children eat spinach. We presented a similar idea some time ago, with the baked vegetable post. We are continuously looking for healthy snacks to have at home when you suddenly become hungry, to avoid eating processed food. This one is, no doubt, one of my favourites. 

Cuukinando: Spinach crisps, a healthy snack

For me, spinach is the perfect food. You can eat 2 tons and not be worried about your line, they have just 23 calories per 100 g and they have plenty of fibre. As any dark green vegetable, spinach is full of nutrients and it should be part of any healthy diet (we get worried too often about what not to eat, and we forget it is very important to choose wisely what we actually eat!) And well... I love it. Another dark green vegetable that has become fashionable these days is kale. It seems to be a superfood, but I haven't been able to find a recipe that I like using Kale. I already gave up, but I know I will try again! Spinach is a different story. It is so easy to make delicious recipes including them. And I think this is one of them. 

I cooked them with cumin, a flavour combination I have already used in the chickpeas and spinach cupcakes

So here it is. A very short video with a suggestion that I hope you like as much as we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment