Thursday 30 January 2014

Bangladeshi prawn curry with coconut milk


We are back with a very special guest in Cuukinando... my husband! I think I have mentioned couple of times that he is from Bangladesh. He has opened the door to a whole new world of flavours for me. I remember when I started eating Indian food everything just tasted like "spices", as a whole. But the more a I ate, the more I learnt to appreciate the differences. Today, Indian (or Bangladeshi) food is an integral part of my diet, and I love it. That's why you will find lots of recipes with an Indian touch in this blog. This is, no doubt, one of my favourites. 

Cuukinando: Easy prawn curry with coconut milk

Once more, you can find coconut milk as an ingredient (like in the lemon chicken or one of the cold fruit soups). It is a healthy ingredient and we love its flavour. It is not a hot recipe, it just has half a teaspoon of red chilli. If you are not able to tolerate hot food at all, just don't use it. On the contrary, you could add some green chillies if you feel brave!

We posted about how to make home made coconut milk, if you prefer to substitute the can version. Little bit tedious (compared to open a can!) but the flavour is much more natural. Your choice. 

Watch the video here:


No comments:

Post a Comment